* A short presidential hiatus this spring.
* An exciting opportunity for RNA to host a Boy Scout Merit Badge workshop.
* Spring is nearly here so it's time to enjoy some fishing.
* With the advent of spring, hopefully some who haven't been able to attend a meeting for a while can attend one.
January 1, 2018
The William H. Plymire Numismatics Diary
It's all in the numbers – What’s in your wallet??
Numismatist of the Year Nominations Request
2018-19 Officers and Board Members Request
* John Zabel's an emergency notification plan is in place.
* The RNA website is nearly completed and ahead of schedule.
* The RNA 45th Annual Coin Show was a resounding success.
* Please pay your dues (You can check your dues status by logging in to the RNA website).
November 1, 2017
Darius Perrin: Hatter, Hangman, Postmaster, Banker
Biggest Single-Year Type Set?
RNA 45th Annual Coin Show
* The RNA year is now in full swing.
* November 4 is the RNA Coin Show
* Phase II of the RNA website has now been completed.
* ...starting with the Jan/Feb 2018 edition, newsletters will only be sent via email.
* When a current member brings in a new member who joins RNA, the current member’s dues are waived for one year.
September 1, 2017
My Return to Numismatics
Gleanings from RNA History
Joint RNA-RPA Meeting 2017
The year in review
* New, improved PA system
* New library holdings
* Marketing RNA
* Annual Coin Show The future
* RNA website content and functionality enhancements
* RNA-RPA Joint meeting July 13
* Holiday gift suggestions
September 1, 2016
Let’s Go Camping
The Big Four, Pure and Simple
Forty-Fourth Annual Coin Show and Sale
* …the annual picnic signals the coming season of club activities
* "The RNA News" - a great source of numismatic information
* The Annual Coin Show & Sale is scheduled for October 29–30
* Check out the excellent RNA Library
July 1, 2016
A Powerful Weapon of War - Counterfeiting
A Note of Thanks From Past President Sharon Miller
Looking forward to the 102nd year of the RNA:
* What is our official mission?
My challenge to you:
* Learn more about your fellow members.
* Help the club strengthen its purpose in educating ourselves and the public.
May 1, 2013
The Man Who Might have been First RNA President
Canadian Coins (Charlton) vs. The Official Red Book
Twenty-First Century Numismatics
From the President...
* I would like to thank all of you who have helped and supported me during this past year.
* Let's, as a club, continue to reach out and show those around us what it is that we like about our hobby.
March 1, 2012
A Tale of Two Auctions—Part I
How to beat the High Price of Gold
June came quickly this year...All at once I was...saying the words to the oath of
...we have a wonderful hobby with an endless amount of variety
Not too many clubs can claim 100 years of continuous meetings...
June 1, 2011
Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You
Pittman in Egypt: Another in the continuing saga of RNA Presidents
State of the RNA
* The RNA is healthy
* Numismatics is now is very diverse
* We are remarkably solvent
* Our membership is strong in numbers
* Members seem to be willing to do
the hard job of keeping the club going
January 1, 2010
Images of the 2009 RNA Coin Show
Bill Coe recounts some of his amazing coincidences
Take another look at the RNA’s half cents
* Thomas J. Kraus
* William Carr, RNA president, Member Number 4
* Achille Forgione, designer of RNA medals
* William LaMere, North American Mint founder
Bright future for RNA
* ...the RNA library, named after the late John Jay Pittman
* RNA bylaws changes
* Keshequa Coins, sponsor of the Rochester Area Coin Expo...provides a table for RNA at each show
* Sue Scoppa...is preparing displays of numismatic material at Irondequoit High School as part of National Coin Week in April
January 1, 2008
RJNA members get experience at 2007 show
Notice of proposed RNA bylaws change
Dates in RNA History
Narrowing our focus
* The Rochester Numismatic Association Collection
* The Rochester Numismatic Association Library
* Collection Use and Preservation Committee
* IRS reporting requirements change for nonprofits
July 1, 2007
Ready for the RNA’s 2000th Meeting?
A Piece of Numismatic History
Club bylaws changes...presented to the Secretary